Thursday 2 April 2015

Reflecting on Progress: Term 1


Over this term I have made a start. My students have begun to track their writing learning. With a focus on sentences we have used the rubric to assess our work. The students have then gone through and sent their work to the Picasa Album. This has made their work visible for their peers and others which makes them accountable for their work.
Next term I will make sure I take time to continue getting the students to self assess, justify this and to send their work to the exemplar folders. 

1 comment:

  1. Your presentation to the whole staff was fantastic, thanks Amanda. I heard lots of little discussions around the visibility of learning and student agency your writing pedagogy enables. I have been in your class when students are reflecting on their writing in relation to rubrics and setting goals for where they want to be. It has a high level of cognitive engagement, I'm looking forward to seeing how this impacts writing achievement.

    ReplyDelete